The various benefits of the hibiscus flower were known to mankind in ancient times. The Pharaohs were one of the first peoples who cultivated the hibiscus plant and used it in preparing medical recipes in order to relieve various body pains such as expelling worms from the body and headaches. It also has amazing therapeutic properties that are useful in treating heart diseases. And it was recently used in slimming after studies and experiments proved its great effectiveness in losing weight. Doctors advise patients with chronic diseases to drink hibiscus daily because it is rich in minerals and effective compounds that reduce blood pressure, and it has an amazing effect in promoting liver health.
There are more than 200 types of hibiscus with different colors. Hibiscus rosa-sinensis is the world’s most famous type known for its red color. Hibiscus can be used in many ways to benefit from it depending on the type of disease. Here are some of its benefits:
- Reduces the rate of glucose : Hibiscus has natural properties that lower the level of glucose in the blood, it prevents the absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine, which reduces blood sugar after eating the main meals.
- Reduces high blood pressure : The hibiscus flower contains a low degree of toxicity, and the use of hibiscus decoction in order to reduce blood pressure is the most famous in the world. The anthocyanin pigment that gives the hibiscus flower its red color is responsible for lowering human blood pressure.
- Relieves cold symptoms : The phenolic acids in the hibiscus flower, such as malic, ascorbic, hydroxycitric and citric, have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect, and they also have anti-oxidant therapeutic properties that fight diseases caused by infection of the immune and respiratory system such as cold and cough.
- Protection from skin cancer : Drinking hibiscus tea helps prevent the growth or activity of skin cancer cells, because it contains polyphenols that prevent cancer in general, and reduce skin cancer activity in particular.
- Beneficial for the heart : Hibiscus tea treats heart diseases concurrent with high blood pressure, such as high cholesterol.
Using hibiscus recipes helps in treating many hair problems, here are the best hibiscus hair treatment recipes:
- Treats shedding :
- Hibiscus flowers contain vitamin C, which stimulates the growth of hair follicles and prevents their loss, and it also works to treat baldness.
- A hibiscus recipe is prepared to treat the problem of precipitation by using 3 tablespoons of ginger and adding to it two tablespoons of ground hibiscus.
- Put the ingredients in a bowl with a little water and leave until it boils and then cool, then divide the hair into equal parts.
- Apply the recipe to the scalp and ends and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse the hair with cold water.
- Eliminates premature graying :
- One of the most prominent benefits of the hibiscus flower is that it eliminates premature graying and gives the hair a rich natural color due to the abundant production of melanin.
- Prepare graying of the head by using half a cup of hibiscus leaves and curry leaves, and add to them a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Put the ingredients in a blender and beat until it becomes thick, then spread the paste on the scalp and leave for 30 minutes, then rinse the hair with cold water.
- It is recommended to repeat the recipe three times a week to get rid of gray hair permanently and to return the original color to the hair.
- Dandruff removal :
- Hibiscus reduces sebum secretion, which eliminates greasy dandruff .
- Use a few hibiscus leaves, half a cup of milk, and a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to prepare the recipe.
- Fenugreek seeds are placed in water overnight, then ground and mixed with hibiscus leaves in an electric blender.
- Add milk to the recipe, apply it to the hair for 60 minutes, and then wash the hair with shampoo
Hibiscus benefits for women
Hibiscus herbs contain important therapeutic properties that help prevent women from contracting many diseases, the following are the most important benefits of the hibiscus flower for women:
- Reduces the risk of pregnancy in patients with diabetes : Pregnant women with diabetes face many difficulties during pregnancy, such as weight gain or premature birth, and a study conducted on some pregnant women showed that hibiscus has positive effects on pregnant women with diabetes and their fetuses because it contains flavonoids and phenols that They protect against complications of diabetes for pregnant women.
- Reduces breast cancer activity : Combining hibiscus extract with chemotherapy helps eliminate breast cancer cells, and cancer patients take hibiscus drink to reduce oxidative stress.
- Benefits the skin : Hibiscus leaves work to purify the skin, they are used as a cleanser for the face and neck, and help to remove white and black heads and make the skin smooth and moist, and it is also used in the treatment of acne and dry skin, reducing the appearance of signs of aging and stimulating the skin’s production of collagen.
- Relieves menopausal symptoms : Drinking hibiscus infusion helps relieve menopausal symptoms caused by low estrogen levels.
- Relieves symptoms of stress : Drinking a cup of hibiscus daily helps to relax, and it also stimulates blood circulation in the body.
Some studies have proven that drinking hibiscus drink for 60 consecutive days has amazing benefits in losing weight, the safe weekly rate of thinness ranges between half to 1 kilogram, and unsweetened drinks play an effective role in promoting the process of burning fat in the body , as for the benefits of the hibiscus flower for slimming They are as follows:
- Hibiscus gives a feeling of satiety because it is devoid of calories.
- It is a natural diuretic, which makes it an effective weight loss drink.
- Reduces fat cells in the body.
- Regulates genes involved in lipid metabolism.
Drinking hibiscus drink improves the digestion process, it completely eliminates the feeling of constipation suffered by patients with colon, and doctors recommend drinking it because it enhances the work of the bladder and contains antispasmodics that can treat digestive problems.
Doctors of sexual health advise drinking hibiscus for at least half an hour before intimacy. Men and women, which increases the time for intercourse.
The benefits of hibiscus for health are numerous. Eating a cold or hot drink directly affects the heart, which enhances blood circulation and protects against exposure to clots. It also has an effective impact on the aesthetic aspects of concern to women and men with regard to the health of hair and skin, despite the many benefits of the hibiscus flower . For both sexes, however, it is advised to consult a doctor before using hibiscus recipes to lose weight or add it to the daily diet to avoid the harms of excessive consumption.