Calories in chicken thigh Many people who follow diets want to know, as chicken thigh is one of the parts of chicken that many people like to eat, whether they are adults or children, because of its delicious and soft meat and its delicious taste, and it is used in many recipes Cooking, and you can eat it in the form of shawarma, fried or grilled, and as it is known, chicken meat is very useful and rich in proteins and vitamins important for the human body, and greatly helps to strengthen bones, build muscles and other important benefits, and you should know that the calories in Chicken thighs are also higher in calories and fat than other parts of chicken.
Calories in chicken thigh
If you want to know the calories in chicken thighs, the following table shows you the number of calories in chicken thighs of different types and cooking methods:
|chicken thigh type||number of calories|
|Skin-cooked chicken thigh||318 calories|
|Cooked chicken thigh without the skin||296 calories|
|Fried chicken thighs with skin and bone with breadcrumbs||373 calories|
|Breaded chicken thighs with bones without skin||230 calories|
|Breaded chicken thighs without skin and bone||181 calories|
Calories in cooked chicken thigh
Here is a table of calories in cooked chicken thigh :
|Cooked chicken thigh type||number of calories|
|Chicken thighs without any additives while they are being cooked||135 calories|
|Skinless grilled chicken thigh||167 calories|
|Skinless grilled chicken thighs||223 calories|
|Boiled chicken thigh with skin||175 calories|
|Skinless boiled chicken thigh||150 calories|
|Fried chicken thigh with skin||235 calories|
|Skinless fried chicken thigh||175 calories|
Calories in some chicken thigh dishes
The number of calories in chicken thigh varies with the dishes it contains and the way it is cooked. Here are some snacks that include chicken thighs and the number of calories in each:
- One Asian grilled chicken thigh, boneless, skinless, with 1/4 tablespoon Asian sauce, 1/4 tablespoon mashed garlic, and a pinch of sesame and spring onions This recipe contains 336 calories.
- Spicy, skinless chicken thighs, 1 teaspoon pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika. This recipe includes 105 calories.
- Skinless, crunchy chicken ranch thighs, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup ground rusk, and 1 cup chopped fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, bell peppers , and carrots. This recipe contains 261 calories.
Calories in chicken thighs
The calories in chicken thighs are very large, so it should be noted often to children who like to eat this part of chicken, because of its delicious shape, ease of eating and delicious taste.
It can be cooked in many forms, whether cooked or grilled, with the addition of a lot of sauces and spices that give it a distinctive taste, flavor and wonderful taste, but an appropriate amount of it must be eaten because chicken thighs contain a lot of fat.
As it is often prepared in the way of fried chicken crunchy in oil, which makes it doubly harmful because the chicken thighs are full of fat and this method of cooking causes a high level of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
In general, the calories in chicken thighs are high, and the number of calories in one chicken thigh is the equivalent of 135 calories, and one thigh contains approximately 8.5 grams of fat, of which at least two grams are from unhealthy saturated fats.
Nutritional value of chicken thigh
The following table shows the nutritional value and calories in cooked, skinless and boneless chicken thigh:
|nutritional element||Nutritional value|
|Vitamin B2||0.218 milligrams|
|Vitamin B5||0.922 milligrams|
|Vitamin B3||4.85 milligrams|
|Vitamin A||60.6 IU|
|Vitamin B12||0.232 µg|
|Vitamin D||5.05 IU|
|Vitamin E||0.273 mg|
|Vitamin K||3.64 mcg|
Nutrients in chicken thigh
Chicken thigh contains a lot of nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are useful and important for the health of the human body, as follows:
- Vitamin B12 .
- Vitamin B3.
- And vitamin B2.
- Vitamin B6.
The health benefits of chicken thighs and calories in 100 grams of chicken thighs
Eating chicken thighs contributes to improving the general health of the body in many ways, which are as follows:
- It is important for building body tissues, maintaining muscle mass and speeding growth.
- It is rich in large amounts of selenium, which is very important for the body’s immunity and thyroid health.
- It contains large amounts of different vitamins such as vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, which play an important and major role in improving brain health.
- It is rich in large amounts of protein which is important for improving bone and muscle health.
And if you eat 100 grams of chicken thighs, your body will get the equivalent of 209 calories, 26 grams of protein, and 10.9 grams of fat.
Does chicken help in losing weight?
Chicken is one of the most suitable foods for people who follow diets to lose weight, for many reasons, which are as follows:
- Chicken is low in calories and rich in protein that keeps you feeling full and full for a long time, because it takes a long time to digest, which reduces calories consumed throughout the day.
- It is lower in fat than red meat, which is rich in fat.
- It is distinguished by its large amount of amino acids that the human body needs in order to build muscle mass and burn fat.
In addition to the above, the chicken must be cooked in a proper and correct way, either through grilling or boiling, because frying increases the calories in it and gives it a percentage of high saturated fats, which causes a great danger to the health of blood vessels and the heart.
It should also be taken into account to remove the skin before eating chicken, because it contains a large amount of fat.
Many people wonder about the calories in chicken thigh, which is one of the parts of the meat found in chicken, specifically in the lower part of it. Boiled or grilled or in salad and other ways.
Leave a Comment